Right to Life Book Sale!

     Blessings on this beautiful Sabbath! It's raining off and on here in Iowa, I can honestly say I welcome rain more then ever! This winter has been rough and long, many days we've had winds that could bury you with snow! So waking up to the pitter pat of rain drops and my two shabbat boys giggling is quite relaxing and refreshing. 

     This last week has been a week for traveling, visiting family in Kansas and Missouri. Then dropping by Des Moines for the "Iowa Right to Life Book Sale!" At first getting there I felt overwhelmed, I had never been to a book sale that large, my book sales usually consist of your average garage sale! To me this was huge!!! With my Husband, my mom and my two tired yet spunky boys in tow, we were set to explore the many cardboard boxes loaded with books. I truly felt overwhelmed this wasn't a skim and find, this was a dig and look! Skimming only helped miss the goods at the bottom of the heap. So I relaxed and started to take my time and really search for needs not wants. As minutes turned into an hour, I was starting to get tired of looking (as was my little one, who was way overdue for a nap). Gabe was walking around by the Right to Life table looking and reading the tracks and papers on abortion, I came to him and his countenance was distant. He seemed very solemn and upset. I didn't really ask him "what was wrong?" because well we had been on the road all morning and I knew he was tired, so it really didn't phase me but as time passed Gabe really was brought to tears. (I can only tell you what I saw and heard from him on the outside but maybe Gabe will write about his true feelings on that day!) His passion for that cause that day, brought me to tears. Gabe is from a big family, he is the oldest of seven. Watching his heart felt desire to get started doing his part for the Right to Life movement and wanting to inspire others was beautiful and life changing! I am thankful to see him indulge his heart into this, especially being on our third child (due september). His inspiration makes me excited for whats ahead! (back to how I was feeling watching Gabe!)

     BUT It hit me! Square dead in the gut!! I was too excited about cheap books, I forgot the reason I was there. The RIGHT for LIFE, I honestly felt ashamed. Watching Gabe embrace this manner of hurt and pain for these little ones that lost there life for nothing, for only a stupid idea of choice rather then responsibility. Little lives that were disregarded as trash, as weeds, as things of inconvenience, a mistake. Instead of a gift, a beautiful blessing from above!! Weather the baby was conceived of sinful cause, it doesn't matter.... Abortion is murder.

Exo 20:13  “You do not murder.

     This is part of the Ten..... pretty simple to follow, wouldn't you think yet in our country it is legal to do so, to kill, to destroy, to steal. I am not perfect, I fail in many different ways, my life adds up to nothing in reality especially when I live for myself but if I take up my stake and walk with messiah in that I have found my purpose, I have found my Right for Life! I am inspired to try more, to encourage more, to say LIFE!

Joh 10:10  “The thief does not come except to steal, and to slaughter, and to destroy. I have come that they might possess life, and that they might possess it beyond measure.

Mat 16:24  Then יהושע said to His taught ones, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his stake, and follow Me.
Mat 16:25  “For whoever wishes to save his life shall lose it, and whoever loses his life for My sake shall find it.
Mat 16:26  “For what is a man profited if he gains all the world, and loses his own life? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his life?

     I'm hopeful that through our obedience to love those that do certain things, we will be the ones that show the true example of Messiah YAHUSHUA and in hopes they will desire to draw nigh!

2Co 2:14  But thanks be to Elohim who always leads us on, to overcome in Messiah, and manifests through us the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.
2Co 2:15  Because we are to Elohim the fragrance of Messiah among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing.
2Co 2:16  To the one we are the smell of death to death, and to the other the fragrance of life to life. And who is competent for these?
2Co 2:17  For we are not, as so many, adulterating the Word of Elohim for gain – but as of sincerity, but as from Elohim, in the sight of Elohim, we speak in Messiah.

Joh 13:34  “A renewed command I give to you, that you love one another, as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

   That day we desired to be more, more for a cause that is disregarded at times! Not that any of you have disregarded, but I forget about the other things sometimes, I talk about them but forget to take more action. I hope I will invest more time to encourage those that carry torches for such causes, telling them to "keep up the good work" or " May Yahweh truly bless you for your time in this ministry". We all need that encouragement. That inspiration to feel that it is not for vain purposes. There is so much more to say on this topic, but it is a start! Once again this is my journey in understanding my right to life and encouraging others around me about theirs!!

I love you all, Shabbat Shalom!
Sady

Comments

Popular Posts