Pear Butter!

So I ventured last night and cut up 14 pears (since we picked them, they are now becoming mushy oshy!). Threw them into the crock pot, added some sugar, spices and lemon juice plus 1/2 cup water and 10 hours later...... Voila: Pear Butter.......... Well it looks more like chunky sauce but oh does it taste good!! I haven't yet put it on toast but soon will come that enjoyable experience! I will say next time less water!! which I may need to make another batch since we still have a good amount left.

(I did get this recipe from a cookbook for apple butter, but I tweaked it by water instead of juice and pears instead of apples!)

My house smells divinely tasty!


Sady~

Comments

  1. Sady, that sounds really wonderful! I love "real" recipes with real food! It's amazing how simple these things can be...time consuming, yes but simple. It's just learning how to do it.

    Love you, Traci:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts